Sunday, May 8, 2011

One Month until Takeoff

I am starting this blog in order to share details of my upcoming trip to China and also to help record my daily activities so that I can go back to them when I am writing my paper for my class.  As most of you probably know, I am a graduate student at Arkansas State University, working to obtain my Master of Business Administration.  


I am taking an independent study course called "Doing Business in China" which will take me to Beijing, Xi'an, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong.  The trip is 50% business and 50% sightseeing.  The headquarters of Hyundai and the Royal Bank of Scotland are a couple of the businesses we will visit that I am aware of right now.  On the sightseeing side, the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City in Beijing are two of the many historical places we plan to see.  


I am excited and anxious about the trip because of the length (10 days) that I will be away from my daughter and husband.  Prayers and encouragement are welcome!!  I will takeoff for the other side of the world one month from tomorrow (June 9th).  My goal is to open my language books and try to prepare myself to not look so "touristy."  If you have been to any of these places and have any advice to give me, I would appreciate it!  


God bless,
April  

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that we have to spend 10 days without you!! We'll make sure your baby is taken care of, and Ava too :) hahahaha. Just kidding, but really. We are going to miss you like crazy!!! I hope you have an experience you'll remember forever! I love you so much!

    Your baby sister,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete